The Kenya Fashion Awards (KFA) 2017 which took place on Saturday at the Norfolk Hotel were definitely one of the more memorable fashion events in Kenya for 2017.
The event MC for the night was the beautiful Sheila Mwanyigha who took us through the different designs showcased by the different fashion houses, both at home and abroad.
Local celebrities in attendance included Kalekye Mumo, Ian Mbugua, and Polycarp Otieno aka Fancy Fingers of Sauti Sol among others.
The new designs and exotic looks and feels that were showcased on the runway were not only colorful and creative, but they also included an African touch. Of particular interest to me was the Maasai colors and beardwork that got all in attendance excited.
It is never a fashion event without winners. Among the winners at the event included:
- Couture Magazine – Magazine with the best fashion segment
- Standard Newspaper – Newspaper with the best fashion segment
- Vivo Activewear – Fashion brand of the year
- Tintseh – Fashion Photographer of the year
- Sunshine Balogun the makeup artist
- Joy Kendi – Fashion blogger of the year
- Adele Dejak – Jewelery / Accessories designer of the year
KFA recognizes different categories and each category has different criteria. Some of the categories include students, upcoming, emerging and established. The criteria are different for every category.
Among the sponsors at this year’s Kenya Fashion Awards included: Moet and Chandon, Canon Kenya and Trace Mziki.
*courtesy of e-labz.info